To be neurodivergent in a world that often celebrates conformity is no easy feat. I have lived with ADHD for as long as memory serves, and while I can’t compare my struggles to those of neurotypical people—having never walked their path—I can speak to the trials that have shaped my own journey. Being a student, an intern, and navigating life with ADHD is like trying to dance in a storm, the ground constantly shifting beneath your feet, leaving you to strive for balance in the midst of chaos. My time as an intern was nothing short of a tempest. It was during this period that the illusion of constant sunshine and butterflies was shattered. Interning at a multinational corporation—where you are expected to perform with the same precision and dedication as a full-time employee—was both an opportunity and a crucible. It allowed me to apply what I’d learned in the classroom to real-world scenarios, yet it also exposed me to the relentless pressure of corporate life. As the weeks stretched in...
Comments
Post a Comment